Release date: 1999
Opening weekend: $11,830,855
- Black and dark blue tones of lighting.
- Raining and flashes of lightning.
- Verisimilitude- uniform and props of scientific objects.
- Establishing shot sets genre. Low angle. Shadows
- High angle of security guard walking- makes him look vulnerable.
- Extereme close up on eyes- show emotion.
- Serif font titles- typically seen in horror films, as if dripping blood.
- Slow motion looking into the bag, adds suspense.
- In a dark place alone- following conventional story line as if something scary is about to suddenly happen.
- There is a phone present- representing a life line.
- Femme fatale- costume signifies danger. Black PVC dress- tight fitting. Blonde hair, very 'made-up' and very tall heels.
- POV shots- feeling of being watched.
- Religious imagery- good v evil. Set in a church.